Support our health system.
Protect our environment.
These are my three key priorities in this 2019 election, and this is why:
Vote to end this damaging Brexit in Warwick and Leamington.
Hard Brexit. Soft Brexit. Deal. No deal. Most parties and politicians haven't been clear on what they want for over three years.
I believe that we are stronger as part of the European Union (EU), and my position is clear and simple:
- Liberal Democrat majority = revoke Article 50 and end this damaging Brexit.
- No Liberal Democrat majority = we will continue to fight for a People’s Vote.
Vote for a £35.1 billion NHS boost with parity between mental and physical health.
- The Liberal Democrats will put 1p on income tax from April 2020, with the revenue ring-fenced for the NHS and social care.
- This is forecast to raise £35.1 billion over the next five years, Liberal Democrats will ring-fence £11.2 billion of that money for mental health services, over 30% of the money raised.
- child and adolescent mental health
- matching waiting time standards to those in physical health, and
- expanding our mental health workforce
Vote for 80% renewable electricity by 2030 and cleaner air locally and nationally.
The Liberal Democrats have set out ambitious plans to tackle the climate emergency by generating
- 80% of electricity from renewables by 2030,
- insulating all low-income homes by 2025, and
- cleaning up our air.
As one of the party’s key priorities in their ‘Plan for a Brighter Future’, the Liberal Democrats have committed to raising the energy efficiency standards for new homes alongside investing £15 billion over the next Parliament to retrofit 26 million homes. This would save the average household £550 a year on energy bills.
The party has also announced a Liberal Democrat government would prioritise accelerating the deployment of renewable power generation, including a new target of doubling solar and wind power by 2030.
Liberal Democrats aim to upgrade every house in the UK by 2030 to Band B EPC rating, prioritising all fuel poor homes by 2025.